Destroyermen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki

2 posters

Go down

Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Empty Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki

Post by Pokermind Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:29 am

Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Lieutenant_coronal_chack__chackie__sab_at_by_pokermind-d7qa145

Chackie is fighting the Grik so he can't help.

The Destroyermen Wiki http://destroyermen.wikia.com/wiki/Destroyermen_Wiki needs YOU.  We need contributors and editors to flesh out the wiki so you and others can easily look up things Destroyermen.  

1) Register if you are already registered on another Wiki you can use your existing name on another site or create a new one your choice.  Having difficulty?  What would your Lemurian, Grik, or other country name be?  Mine is a treecat nickname for a Chief on the Honorverse Wiki.  See
LINK

2) Many pages need content for those loving research paper writing (just kidding) you get to know the books quite well skimming for information in the books to fill the page. Most editing is straight forward and easy. Adding a page is more complicated dealing with templates, so new comers to the Wikis are probably best editing and adding content to existing pages at first. After you register go to Link to Categories or type "Special:Categories" ins search. The Categories of Battles‏‎, Books,‏‎ Characters‏‎, Locations‏‎, Military Units‏‎, Nations‏‎, Small Arms‏‎, Species‏‎, Terms and Slang‏‎, and Vessels‏‎ will allow you to find the pages of a similar kind quickly, and check if the page you want exists providing a link to it for reading and/or editing/adding content to the page. There are many smaller categories allowing you to narrow your search and even provide data for statistics in the case of Characters.

3) For now there is no community approved style sheet, and I personally like the freedom, we can change it later if we need to. I put refrences in brackets rather than foot notes my stile is [SoH Hb p 21] for Straits of Hell Hardback page 21.  Feel free to borrow or use footnotes.  You will see older pages use a more ridged format, such formats have good points and bad points as does no format.

4) Adding a page is both simple and complex I first check the name to see if the page already exists.  When I add I first pick the Stub template then add warning text below IE Spoilers Through Straits of Hell.  linking the book title with Ctrl K function.  The next line is copy and bold the exact name you can add things before IE The Lemurians are ... to keep the first sentence grammatically correct.  Usually I complete the first sentence then putting the cursor before the first letter I add the Template See 2 above templets and catagory names are similar.  Fill out the Template or leave blank for a more experienced editor.  Continue your content add pics what ever.

5) Please add photos fill out completely add a comment include link if your are posting from another source and the the license part is important.  Keep PG as some readers or members may be under age.  Darn no bare breasted Lemurian Hotties or Gals from the New Britain Isles!

Pokermind Administrator and Bureaucrat Destroyermen Wiki
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Empty Re: Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki

Post by Dilandu Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Hm... May I help with something?
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Empty Re: Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki

Post by Pokermind Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Sorry Dilandu been working on an art.  Are you a reader of the series? I know you can do ships how about imaginary species?  Like say a Lemurian:
Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki 640?cb=20150722112105
This one is riding a Me-Naak
Or a Grik:
Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Latest?cb=20120501205629

Then there are ships.
Most exciting Taylor Anderson is starting a program of consulting with Fan Artists who want to contribute to the visual interpretation of his "Destroyermen" world, faithfully enough to his vision that it will be considered the definitive image of some creature, character, or event from his story (until a better one comes along.  Competition is a good thing.)  You can provide a link to the art, but can't submit an art file until he answers your E-mail.  You can contact him here: http://www.taylorandersonauthor.com/blog/contact-me/

If your art is given "Current Official" status, and Should a later companion book with art be published, your acceptance of that status means that your art may be used in such a book.  If so, you will be credited as the artist who created or conceived the image, but you surrender your rights to Taylor Anderson so he can use the art, or a reinterpretation of thereof. You can draw and post anything (pertinent and tasteful) that you want, but by making submissions for consideration for "Current Official" status, you accept the above conditions, and affirm that it is your ORIGINAL work.

IE the deal is that Taylor Anderson, for helping you faithfully interpret his vision of various aspects of the Destroyermen world, and accepting your images as "official" interpretations, is given permission to use them if or when a Destroyermen Companion is published.  Should it be published, you as the artist can then point to a published, credited work. The very least you get is experience working with an author to bring his imaginary world to life, and that might make a good bullet point on a resume.

You may post your work on any site that you can link to, as a suggestion make your art work a png file, such as here on DeviantArt, you may consider posting on the Destroyermen Wiki and as you replace  older art with newer editions, a dated record is kept. I suggest you register to keep your routing information out of sight if you post or edit. This is a link to the photo gallery where you can see other works, including Taylor’s: http://destroyermen.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles  I’m the main  Admin so if you have any Wiki questions about posting and replace I’m usually around. Put your questions on my message wall, I'm  Pokermind on the Wiki too. Your posting on our wiki is permission to use the art in any of our articles, what we get out of providing you  space for art and dated revisions.

If you want a place to start Try S-19 as modified into a torpedo boat: Help Wanted on the Destroyermen Wiki Latest?cb=20150122131046

Tell Taylor Pokermind said you could modify to his vision should be an easy revision needs forward crew space similar to rear one just move deck up and a new pilot house per book description.  The most needed art is character portraits.  Descriptions in books and you have Taylor's Lemurians drawings as a guide for Lemurian characters. no refrence for older Grik characters they have a crest like a cock road runner check Wipipedia.

Poker
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Are you a reader of the series?
Just started a while ago.

how about imaginary species?
Hm... About species, i never actually tried. Should at least try... Smile

Most exciting Taylor Anderson is starting a program of consulting with Fan Artists who want to contribute to the visual interpretation of his "Destroyermen" world, faithfully enough to his vision that it will be considered the definitive image of some creature, character, or event from his story (until a better one comes along. Competition is a good thing.) You can provide a link to the art, but can't submit an art file until he answers your E-mail.

Thank you for the data! Pertty ineterstin proposition, actually!
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:05 pm

said you could modify to his vision should be an easy revision needs forward crew space similar to rear one just move deck up and a new pilot house per book description.

Hm, I tried to analyse, what should be done to convert the sub into surface warship... Personally, i think the full forecastle should be added to improve seakeeping. Especially considering that the boat was old, more sigar-shaped than modern WWII types. In current view - with all respect - the forward gun would be unusable in bad weather.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:36 pm

The rebuild appears in Storm Surge descriptions scattered around Photos and specs of the original sub here http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08124.htm Taylor Anderson did a painting of the beached sub here: http://www.taylorandersonauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Beached-Sub.jpg Oh on characters there are many human characters too. Including survivors of the Czech Legion who fought the Germans in Russia in WW-1. They are still using sail steam ships in some of the sea battles but the first steel hull ships are being made two copies of USS Walker. see http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/destroyermen/images/4/4f/Dd002.png/revision/latest?cb=20150614013056 for large scale plans of an ancient 4 stack Destroyer of 1918.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Oh you might wish to join the technical discussion on Taylor Anderson's Tech blog http://www.taylorandersonauthor.com/blog/discussions/technical-discussions/ discussing using triple expansion engines rather than turbines they can't make in the Walker clones. Current discussion on lengthing hull to add anlother boiler room and effects on stability. I'm Charles Simpson there, my real name.

Poker

PS if you sign up it takes a few days so any post of yours will await admin action and the latest posts are at the bottom.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:02 pm

They are still using sail steam ships in some of the sea battles but the first steel hull ships are being made two copies of USS Walker. see

Yes, i knew that. Frankly, i think that building the copy of Great War era destroyer is still beyound the Alliance industrial capabilites... and they would better invest in something like 1880th ironclad battleships and cruisers. But the Anderson is the boss here. Smile

who fought the Germans in Russia in WW-1.

Actually, they mainly fight russians. They weren't ready for battle before the October Revolution started, and generally, they made a lot of mess during the our Civil War.

P.S. For me, it's quite interesting - would be any Imperial Russian or Soviet ships in the Destroyermen world? Smile After all, we were allies with USA most of time!
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm Charles Simpson there, my real name.

Alexey Shirokolava, pleased to meet you. Prefer to use just Alexey Shiro, by the way.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Things move slowly here fewer fans on line, Taylor called David Weber Sharon is having problems again. Old age is not for sissies! You read the latest book Alexey? I usually go by Charlie. One thing I can do on the Destroyermen Wiki is open chat, I have not since there are few people as yet high 500+ visitors a day mostly in the 200s, hoping to improve that. I'll opened if you wish to try it. Please register first as your routing info is shown if you just post Well chat is up on the Wiki. Wiki main page http://destroyermen.wikia.com/wiki/Destroyermen_Wiki Chat remember you want to register first and be logged in. Sorry for delay had something needing immediate attention on the Wiki Chat http://destroyermen.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat Poker
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:37 pm

You read the latest book Alexey?

Unfortunately, still not.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 pm

"P.S. For me, it's quite interesting - would be any Imperial Russian or Soviet ships in the Destroyermen world? Smile After all, we were allies with USA most of time!"

Or really weird twist a ship purchased surplus from the Japanese, originally named Amagi, but now Tzar Nicholas III.

Hmm. but Japan and Russia are at war in that alternate, perhaps a surplus Destroyer originally named USS Walker [evil Grin]

Poker
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down