Destroyermen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battleships for Alliance navy

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Battleships for Alliance navy - Page 3 Empty Re: Battleships for Alliance navy

Post by Pokermind Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 pm

We don't know perhaps there was a second transfer say the League base at Tahiti where 'Surcouf' type submarines and other long ranged submarines were based on the alternate earth.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Yes, it may be possible.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceejay Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 pm

It would be funny if all the League had was the Savoie, the Surcouf and the JU 52, and they are just running a bluff while they get set up.

One of the unstated assumptions for me has always appeared to be that every transition could be readily explained by existing conditions in the world of origin ie lost with all hands to war or storm. even the Czech Legion could be explained as victims of the Bolsheviks. The disappearance of an entire invasion fleet certainly doesn't fit this pattern.
Ceejay
Ceejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:21 am

The disappearance of an entire invasion fleet certainly doesn't fit this pattern.

Actually, neither are disappearance of japan battlecruisers form the center of battle. This things are large and they don't "just disappeared".

Your theory implicated, that there is some sort of intelligence behind the Squall.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceejay Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 am

The Amagi disappearance could be written off as foundering as a result of battle damage particularly if she had reported the torpedo attack. In any case loss to enemy action would be the most plausible explanation for her loss, given the circumstances.

Dilandu wrote:Your theory implicated, that there is some sort of intelligence behind the Squall.

Yeah that's one explanation I guess (I wonder what we'll find in the Bermuda Triangle) though not the one I had intended. I was thinking more of Taylor's pattern with the transitions to date. I'm pretty sure that all of the other transitions could be explained in the world where they occurred as something other than falling through an inter dimensional rift. On the other hand twenty or thirty ships disappearing without a trace is apt to cause talk!

That's not to say Taylor didn't do it. Certainly there is no reason we know of why the squalls couldn't take as many ships, planes or whatever that fit inside them.
Ceejay
Ceejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilandu Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:46 am

On the other hand twenty or thirty ships disappearing without a trace is apt to cause talk!

Well, if the League's world already have a nuclear weapon (this is possible, after all!) this disappearance may be explained. But frankly, i think that the Squall was working without such concerns.
Dilandu
Dilandu

Back to top Go down

Post by donaldjj Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:26 am

My feeling is that the league has at least ten ships and probably at least two or three submarines most of the ships they have are going to be troopships, but they are going to have at least three heavy fighting ships one of which was the Savoy. Yes they were running a scam with the Savoy in South Africa and now having lost the submarine they are going to have a problem monitoring without losing more ships. They have other problems but you will determine after reading the next book which I have finished but I will not release anything so make your own conclusions.

donaldjj

Back to top Go down

Post by donaldjj Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 am

My feeling is that the league has at least ten ships and probably at least two or three submarines most of the ships they have are going to be troopships, but they are going to have at least three heavy fighting ships one of which was the Savoy. Yes they were running a scam with the Savoy in South Africa and now having lost the submarine they are going to have a problem monitoring without losing more ships. They have other problems but you will determine these after reading the next book which I have finished but I will not release anything so make your own conclusions.

donaldjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3