Destroyermen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor Anderson's new site?

2 posters

Go down

Taylor Anderson's new site? Empty Taylor Anderson's new site?

Post by Pokermind Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Taylor's latest Facebook post hints the old site will be a thing of the past:

Hello friends! A few announcements: First, as many of you may know, the next DESTROYERMEN book, "BLOOD IN THE WATER" is completely finished and ready for the release date of JUNE 14. I can tell you now that it is a GAME CHANGER! If you like the series, you will LOVE this one! It's a wild ride, and certain . . . favorites . . . get a lot of attention.

I will post further reminders from time to time, but be sure and pre-order it now. I recently learned how important pre-orders are to pre-release buzz, so let's get them buzzing!

Second, I'm in the middle of rebuilding my website. There have been some forum issues and a lot of posts are "dumping." I'm sorry about that, and it's being fixed. In the meantime, if you want to say "so long" to the old site, check it out now--www,taylorandersonauthor.com. If you have TRIED to post or contact me directly there and the post didn't show, or I didn't reply to the direct contact, (I ALWAYS reply if I get it), please let me know here. As soon as the new page is up, I'll announce it. Thanks for your patience.

And my website isn't the only place for "Destroyermen" news and comment. The Wiki is growing rapidly, and has tons of information, pictures, and fun facts. There's also a great "Destroyermen Forum" where people can go to discuss the books.

Finally, if you like the books, be sure to post reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, etc. Review numbers are important because they do draw attention. Some authors artificially jack those numbers up and I'll never do that, but if you'd like to post an honest review, I'd sure appreciate it.

Take care! There'll be a lot more to come in the next few weeks!

Link to Taylor's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TaylorAndersonAuthor/

Link to Taylor's current old web site: http://www.taylorandersonauthor.com/
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Taylor Anderson's new site? Empty Re: Taylor Anderson's new site?

Post by Pokermind Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:35 pm

More from Taylor on his web site: February 23, 2016 Taylor says:

That reminds me, Charles. You all may have noticed how my facebook link on the home page never worked? That will be fixed. In the meantime, be sure and go to the link Charles posted and “like” the page, so you’ll get the posts when I make them. The page isn’t set up anymore to let me “like” back, but I honestly probably wouldn’t if I could. Too many people I don’t know anything about, who might be fine folks, but maybe not–and then there might be resentment because I liked some and not all. I still try to respond to most of the comments people make.
One other thing, when the new site is up and running–it looks like it’ll be three or four weeks, so we’ll have to muddle along here a while longer–it will seem as though we’re starting from scratch, but I intend to include all past posts in an archive section. The “Darwinian Delight” thread will probably be merged into a discussion thread in a section about Courtney’s book, “The Worlds I’ve Wondered.” At least that’s the plan right now.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 pm

I really hope that the new site will be better! Well it can't be worse!

Matthieu

Admin
Admin

https://destroyermen.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:43 am

He's asked for suggestions on features in Discuss on the old site. Posted his Facebook (Goat ass) post since you noted you did not indulge in Goat ass. It's good to see they are starting a new site from scratch insted of trying to revive Frankenstein's monster.
Wink
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I do not indulge in such things, indeed. Suspect Rolling Eyes

A new website is a great idea. We can even imagine versions in French and Russian Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Are there good French translations of the books available? According to Alexey the Russian translation of the first book was horrible.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Taylor's site is currently down, asked him on FB when it might be back up got this answer:

Taylor Anderson - Author of The Destroyermen Hopefully soon. I guess the guy is working on it. Our meeting for yesterday has been rescheduled for today. I should know something soon.

Link to Taylor's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TaylorAndersonAuthor/
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 pm

There si nothing in French. I hope that the website will be up soon. I will have a look at facebook even if I don't really have an account.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 pm

It's back up, until finished will probably have blackouts until new site is up.
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:29 pm

yes, I can see it. I'm wondering what we will see!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Taylor did a new masthead painting for the site and posted on Facebook:

Taylor Anderson's new site? 12800280_1328427563849683_8583704127110545891_n

Taylor Anderson wrote:Here's a new painting of Walker that will appear on my new Website. Work on that is going well, by the way, and I think you all will like it.

Notice similarity to the current mast head:

Taylor Anderson's new site? Header
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Taylor posted the following today on his Facebook page:

Well friends, it's almost time, and my BRAND NEW website will soon be up and running! Just a quick warning though, the old site may be down for a couple of days while the transition takes place. This could begin TODAY. Also, for those who participate in the various discussion forums--which I invite you ALL to do--when it comes back up, I'll have to "moderate" your first post again. I know, Blah, but I'm assured It will only be necessary once, and then all will be as before--without the daily data dump. If you still want to use your same icon, be sure to capture it. Otherwise, you can insert a pic or whatever you want. I'll continue to post updates here until we get the website back up and running.
Sorry for all the trouble. Oh! Again, if you haven't yet, be sure to "like" this page so you'll GET all the updates as soon as I post them!

[url=Taylor Anderson - Author of The Destroyermen]Taylor Anderson - Author of The Destroyermen[/url]
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokermind Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:48 pm

New site is up!  Ah the new site smell, and of course bugs.  New pics and maps. for instance:
Taylor Anderson's new site? Kra-vaa-large
New Critter pic
Taylor Anderson's new site? Scale%20silhouettes2bk6-2
New Silhouettes
Taylor Anderson's new site? Diegogarcia-La-laanti
New Map
Pokermind
Pokermind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down